Friday, April 01, 2005

Vienna....

Have you heard the one about the Welshman, the Austrian, the Peruvian and the Sais.....?

Just got back from a memorable three days in Vienna. Stayed with long standing friends who now make their home there. At least part of the time as Graham works two weeks in London one week in Vienna. Thanks to Graham and Romana for their hospitality almost enough for me to forgive Graham for constantly referring to me as "english".....

Standing waiting in the crowd the Austrian became puzzled by my wife and I wearing Welsh shirts and speaking in Spanish. A friendly conversation followed where I explained my wife Susi is Peruvian....I then pointed out that the other couple in front were an englishman (wearing an Austrian shirt) and an Austrian to general merriment....sitting with the Austrian fans was fun a bit of good natured banter but nothing unpleasent.

Astonished by how many chances Wales managed to miss in the first half.....and of course to lose to an utterly daft goal is just heart breaking....